We list the luxuries of a prestige caravan and why they are worth the extra money.
Why prestige caravans?
- High-tech gadgets. Expensive caravans invariably include all the ‘mod cons’: LED strip lighting, ducted air conditioning controlled by your smartphone, Bluetooth/MP3/DVD sound system, satellite TV with boosted digital antenna.
- An elegant spaciousness. Prestige caravanning isn’t just about flash appliances, there is also often a sense of spaciousness, greater storage capacity and increased natural lighting with large windows for enjoying the views. Increasingly, caravans are being built with slide-out bedrooms or living areas, and most will feature external storage or tunnel boots.
- Quality finishes. No vinyl and chrome for the luxury caravan: it’s more likely to have leather upholstery and wood or marble-look finishes with high-gloss cabinetry. The kitchen will boast a cooktop, grill, microwave and conventional oven, stainless-steel sink, water filter, full-size refrigerator, and even slide-out pantries.
- Luxury bathroom. Get cleaned up in style with a full-size shower, vanity, ceramic toilet, washing machine and dryer.
- Easy outdoor living. Not only luxurious inside, your prestige caravan makes it easy to be outdoors with slide-out barbecues, sinks and tables, hot and cold shower, marine-grade external speakers, and access to the television as you sit under a generous rollout awning.
- A solid foundation. While we agonise over what to invest in for improved performance and stability, prestige caravans have all the latest technology installed as part of the package. Expect to find at least:
- reversing cameras,
- Independent suspension,
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC).
If you plan to spend a long time in your caravan and want it ultra-comfortable and well appointed, a luxury model would suit you. But if you’ve found a less expensive one with a layout that appeals, you might prefer to buy it and spend the spare cash on specific features and appliances that you need.
Thinking of buying a prestige caravan? Protect it with a GPS tracking device